Monday, October 26, 2009

Moving

I am right now sitting in our glider in our new baby's nursery / guest room. The crib is not put together just yet...but, it will be by the end of this weekend. It's peaceful here and I love it at our new place. It already feels like home. We have a couch for starters...and it's awesome. :) Plus, it is ours. Neither one of us has any history of roommates or time not together here. It feels like "our first place." We now share a closet and a bathroom, which is new in our marriage. (Yes, we've been incredibly spoiled and so far, so good.) We have an awesome view. I am so close to work that I get to come home and spend my lunch hour with my husband instead of with a book in my car. Even though we're close to everything (and I do mean everything) it feels like we're somewhere else. The cats are loving it and have already adjusted quite well even if moving day got a little stressful for them (Sam anyway) We have a baby room!! And, best of all, this is the place that we get to welcome our child and call home. I love it here.

We had an AMAZING crew to get us here as well. I've never seen a group of people work so well and efficiently together. They were amazing...there's really no other words needed to describe it. And, we are so grateful to them all. I know I couldn't do a whole lot, but it was, in my opinion the best moving day I could imagine. (Not just because I didn't do any lifting - I promise.) So, here is another HUGE thank you to Mom & Dad, Dan & Ellen, Sarah & Justin and to Carrie & Allan (with 8-week old Adrian) and Melissa too for hanging out. It was such a great day. I have so much love for you all.

Stay tuned for pictures...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you both. Wish I could have been there to help but it sounds like you had a great crew there. Enjoy your new HOME !!!! Can't wait to see it. Love MIL xoxoxoxoxoxox