Friday, April 30, 2010

Cooking

I have been feeling like cooking lately.  I'm not sure why...I am not the greatest cook.  But, I guess it all comes with practice, right.  I made some Chicken Chowder today.  Not sure why...it's SO hot in our place!!  Probably not the best day for chowder, but it was delicious! And so easy too.  I made it, ate it and cleaned up all during naptime!  I can't take credit for the idea though...Mom gave me the recipe a few weeks ago after she made it first.  Quite tasty.
Next up is a recipe for "Cheddar Chicken" I found in a Real Simple magazine.  I love that magazine.  I have been tearing out recipes from that magazine for years now.  Rarely does anything get made...but, I do have good intentions. ;)
We are eating healthier in our house these days.  Mostly brought on by my handsome hubby who just won a "Biggest Loser" competition at work.  He worked so hard - he totally deserved it!!  I've never seen anyone be more dedicated to a goal.  Plus, the winnings definitely helped motivate...  $300!!!   Good job J!!  And Thank you also - because of you, it's been easier for me to be healthier for our little girl.
So, anyway, I think it's more of a challenge to find healthy recipes that still taste good.  The real problem might be that I hate grocery shopping.  I avoid it whenever possible...so, with that said, I also like my ingredients to be staples and not so much things I have to go out that day to buy fresh.  I do like converting some of the old recipes, but they're never just like the original.  I am also a Weight Watcher member and they have a feature on there that I really like.  It's a Recipe Builder.  You enter all the ingredients and servings and it tells you how many points is in it.  It has been an eye opener in the past.  And it's fun to play with different ways of "improving" the recipe.

No comments: