This was so fun. And I have Pinterest and this site to thank for it. :-) I do not ever have much success when in the kitchen, so if I can do it, it must be easy!! haha. I think every cake I ever make again may have to come with a surprise from now on. Here's how I did it...
I made a boxed white cake mix as directed. Divided the mix into four (less or more would be ok) bowls. Add food coloring. I used Wilton Jar food coloring. It's a gel-type and I thought it did an awesome job making vibrant colors! Add spoonfuls to your cake pan(s) of choice. Bake as directed.
See...easy! And so fun! I made Emma a mini "smash" cake and cupcakes too!
You can make one for any event. This week...Red, White & Blue? Red & Green for Christmas? hmmm...the possibilities are endless.
....the "mini smash" cake did get smashed. face first...no fingers. pictures are coming. i promise...
....the "mini smash" cake did get smashed. face first...no fingers. pictures are coming. i promise...




No comments:
Post a Comment