The Birthday Princess!
Audrey's party was yesterday. And, oh, what fun! As requested, we had a princess party. Cinderella to be exact. So, a castle for a cake, a sparkling tiara and a "pretty dress". Add lots of people that love her the most and it was the perfect day.
The dessert table.
Yes, I made this! And I'm actually even a little impressed with myself. Being the amateur that I am anyway. Thank goodness for Pinterest and so many ideas. It was SO fun! The towers are rice krispies (dyed pink of course), sugar cones glued on with chocolate. Door made with graham crackers, outlined with chocolate, and I even did windows on the backside! :-) Next time, I should use a plastic cake plate though with that most amazing buttercream icing. (Much thanks to my friend Jess for that recipe..yum!) The figurines are compliments of the birthday girl. She added them on the second she saw her cake. And to scale! Those were part of her gift from us, which she is crazy about. They came in a book with a big playmat. So cute.



No comments:
Post a Comment