Sunday, March 24, 2013

New Year

I couldn't tell you how many times I have sat down to update this blog in the last few months and then.....

nothing.

Felt like writer's block. Probably had more to do with the winter blues. Anyone else tired of the cold? I am so over it. Time has shown us though...patience pays off. Last week, we got a taste of what's coming. And I started feeling motivated again. I checked off a few things off my to-do list, including beginning to update my blog. Starting with a new look (well, background) It feels a little fresher to me. And new pictures! My goodness, those of the girls were already a year old!!
I've had lots of ideas on how to "better" my blog. Starting with "New Year, New Blog" and Themed days, something like Messy Mondays (an inside look to areas of my home you don't want to see ---ohh, spooky), Tasty Tuesdays (recipe of the week), Wordless Wednesdays (I saw on this blog and have always loved), Fun Fridays, etc. But, then I got scared of the commitment. And then I started reading other fabulous blogs...and I didn't think I could stack up. But, they are so fun! And that's why I started this blog anyway, because I love reading blogs! Those other bloggers probably think their stuff is silly sometimes too. And maybe some of those other bloggers aren't always 100% honest about life. (at least that's what I am going to tell myself) Sometimes reading other blogs can get me down. Anyone else? The perfectly organized homes, amazing cooks, incredible pictures, perfect kids and the best moms. There are a lot of those kinds of blogs out there. Soon after I had Audrey I was really into reading a lot of the mommy blogs. And I started feeling like I would never be a great mom. But, then I realized that I was setting unreal expectations for myself based on what some other moms were doing. And that, I saw, was the worst thing I could do for myself and for my babies. Then, I cut myself off from the blogs and just started doing what works best for me, for us. Don't get me wrong. There is so much room for inspiration, for help/support, for great ideas on blogs these days. (And who doesn't love pinterest?!?) As long as we don't get too carried away that is. So, in saying all that....I can't commit to themed blogging days, because some days, my day was enough. And then I would be not only setting too high expectations for myself but for all of you readers out there to expect from me as well. And, for now, I can't take the pressure. :-) Especially when I'm putting it on myself. For now, I am going to continue to go day-by-day, because that's what works best. For me, anyway. I just have to remind myself, this blog is for fun, for family, and for me. A great way to show off or to vent or to just share. And, I think, that's what it's all supposed to be about.

No comments: