Friday, May 3, 2013

Gardens

It's that time of year again. And this year, I 'm actually doing it. Not just going to talk about it or wish it. It's really happening...today. (and probably tomorrow too)
I'm planting a veggie garden! I got a raised garden bed for Christmas. (Thank you to MIL and FIL!) It's made of cedar and at the moment still just planks. But, it's a beautiful afternoon, my laundry is going and girls are sleeping...so, out I will go to build my garden bed.
Last year, I had a lot of aspirations to plant a garden. I found things like this on Pinterest...

Isn't that beautiful?? I wish it was mine. Then, I even added the building "kit" on Amazon to my wish list. I drew out a diagram for plant arrangements and everything. And...that's as far as it got. I got busy doing whatever it was and then, it got to be too late.
But, then, much to my surprise...Christmas rolls around and there is a giant box and an oddly shaped very large package with my name on it. It's my Garden Bed I forgot all about!!! And a whole gardening tote with tools, gloves and tomato cages!! And...I still have my diagram. :-) Now, no excuses.
I AM SO EXCITED!! Outside I go........(to be continued.)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay!!
When I first saw this, I thought, "MAN that girl was busy since lunch!" Trickster!

Good luck and hope our lunchtime chat helped! Can't wait to come over and pick some tomatoes...mmm.