Monday, June 14, 2010

Eat Pray Love

I just got in from a mini-vacation.  Well...it felt like it anyway.  I was really simply sitting on my patio with a good book and a glass of wine.  Listening to the fountains and the bull-frogs.  It was so peaceful.  I just LOVE our patio!!
Earlier this evening, Audrey and I sat out there and read a book, watched some people and the ducks and enjoyed the beginning of the sunset.  She loves being outside and so do I.  It was great.
A few weeks ago, one of the girls at work and I got to discussing the book "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert.  We both own the book, started reading it and barely got through the first 20 pages before giving up on it.  This summer, the movie is coming out starring Julia Roberts.  The movie looks SO good! So, we decided to give the book another whirl..and I am so glad I did!  I'm just over half way through and it has been so great.  I do not have the time I used to to devote to reading like I would like, but I think I've been doing pretty good. To be honest, most of my reading is done while pumping at work. : / By bedtime, I'm pretty wiped out, so that is my chance, at least 30 minutes, 4 days a week. :)
It's all based on a true story and a quest of finding one's self.  The "Eat" part is in Italy...and man, the food!  My mouth was watering just reading the book...I can't even imagine watching Julia Roberts eating it! ;)  I have got to go to Naples for the pizza!!  The "Pray" is in India on a quest for God. And the "Love" in Indonesia.  It's a great summer read and I think will be a great summer movie.  See if you agree...watch the trailer here.

No comments: