Emma's First Halloween...Audrey's Second.
(Can that even be true??? Crazy!!)
We carved Pumpkins last night...well...Jason carved, Audrey drew and Mama observed. It was fun.
 |
| Happy Pumpkin Princess |
 |
| Drawing! On Pumpkins! |
 |
| So Happy about Pumpkins!! |
Then we tried on Halloween costumes. A few weeks ago..I was talking to Audrey about Halloween and what it's all about. That we get to dress up and go around the neighborhood and collect candy. I asked her what she wanted to be...without hesitation, she answered..."Princess." Wow! We had never even talked about it before, there is no way she got it so quickly. So, I waited a couple of days and I asked her again. Repeatedly, her answer, much to my dismay..."Princess!" I thought I might have at least this year to still pick out costumes..and to avoid princesses as long as possible. (Not that there is anything wrong with Princesses, I just know once they start we're in trouble.) So, I went out to find a princess costume. But, then, I also found the Cowgirl. And Emma was going to be the cutest cow I'd ever seen...so, I couldn't resist. So... after the pumpkin carving, we tried on costumes. Much to my delight....all Audrey said when we tried on the princess costume was "Take it off! Take it off!" :-D hehehehe And, she was crazy about the Cowgirl Hat! So...it was decided and I got to pick for one more year. And, oh how cute she was....
 |
| Howdy Partners! Trick or Treat time!! |
She wore that hat the entire time too until the very last Trick-or-Treater came to our driveway. Then, we headed inside to watch Gabba Halloween before winding down for bedtime.
 |
| ready for some action |
 |
| not so happy to be a cow...but, oh so cute! |
We have tons of families in our neighborhood, so we expected a lot of kids, and we got them. Jason guessed about 150 or so. Also, all around the block, people set up fire pits in their driveways and hung outside. It was great...and gave us an excuse to get a firepit. Now, we'll be ready for next summer too!!
 |
| we love our neighborhood. fire pits for passing out candy all around. |
It was a fun Halloween and we will have so many more to come.
 |
| wiped out on her first halloween |
And...both girls still in bed by 9pm. :) Yay Mommy!! :) It just feels so good when that happens. Of course, I still had dinner to clean up, bottles to wash, costumes to hang and toys to put away. Somehow, I still made it here though....blogging. :)
Hope you all also had a fun and safe Halloween!
1 comment:
They are the cutest little Trick or Treaters ever... I love that Audrey was a cowgirl and Emma was a cow. LOL!
Post a Comment