Friday, June 26, 2009

A Few Summer Favorites


My number one favorite of all time, of course....Jason. Especially with a good glass of wine.
Cute, isn't he?? :) We stopped at our favorite winery up north, Emerine Winery with Jason's sister (even though I couldn't enjoy it as much as they did) It's really a beautiful place, so the scenery and of course the company made up for my lack of wine tasting.
We had the wine at our wedding. They have wonderful flavors, such as Caramel Apple, Strawberry Shortcake and Tropical Paradise. Very fruity, very sweet. Not for you dry wine lovers. Jason and I found it by accident a couple of summers ago when he was showing me around the area. We walked in to what seemed like a private party but felt quite welcomed and received samples and snacks and basically fell in love with the wine. It's delicious. If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend trying it out. We would be happy to even bring you a bottle home - just let us know!

Quickly becoming another favorite part of summer....Eddie's Grill. Opened in the 1950's, this open air diner is only open during the summer and includes all original (although repainted) signs, and unfortunately updated prices. On the weekends, you will also often still see Eddie and his wife taking orders and frying up burgers. They also have mini juke boxes on the tables and are attached to a Dairy Queen. Root Beer is served out of a wooden barrel and they have, I would say, the most delicious burgers I have ever had. (The Chili Dogs are not bad either.)
mmm...makes my mouth water just looking at it (we went twice last weekend)

Yet another Northern Ohio favorite and now one of my summer staples... Madsen Donuts. Just the smell could have been enough...until I had my first fresh jelly donut. I'm hooked! Again, only open in the summer, but worth the wait every time. It would be so fun to have a donut shop that was this tasty. Would be perfect to add on to the cupcake shop Melissa and I are going to open someday...
Donuts best served on a napkin and eaten promptly...yummy.

1 comment:

McBorn said...

It all looks delicious, but especially the donuts! I'm hungry!